I am sure many of you do know about this technique, but for anyone that doesn't it really is pretty simple.
- Create your design on a 8.5" x 11" sized paper.
- Save as a PDF. (Below is a 8.5" x 11" screen shot of one of my soon to be posters.)
- Choose print from the file menu when the PDF page is open.
- When the print menu opens, go down to the 'tile scale' field. Enter a number larger than 100. (I find 175 is my favorite size.) Leave overlap at 0.005. Set 'page scaling' to 'tile all pages'. I also check 'cut marks'. (See screen shot of print menu below.)
- You are ready to hit print. I would recommend using card stock.
- Your poster will print out in 4 to 6 sheets depending how large your 'tile scale' % is. Use the cut marks to fit the pieces together just like a puzzle. The .005 overlap will need to be trimmed on some of the pages and left on others. This is where you will glue the pieces together.
- Laminate, and you've got your very own self-created poster.